The Application Process
Before enrolling a child at Wheatley:
- Call the school to arrange a tour of the school. During the tour you will have an opportunity to view our environment and learn about our curriculum and programs offered. Come prepared to ask many questions. We will be glad to answer them! An Application for Admission and the School Fees Policy and Fee Schedule will be given to you.
- Submit the Application for Admission form to the school accompanied by an application fee of $100. If a space is not available at that time, a child’s application will be placed on a Wait List until a space becomes available. The $100 application fee is not cashed. When a space become available the families are called in order of the wait list and offered a space.
- Make arrangements to observe a class in session. When we receive your application for admission form, our office will call to make an appointment to have you observe a class in session. We feel this is a very important step in the process. By observing a class in action, with children learning, you will obtain a clearer understanding of our educational philosophy.
- Arrange for an interview with the Principal. The interview will give us an opportunity to discuss our teaching methods and review expectations from the perspective of the school and the home. We request both parents be present at the interview if possible.
- Arrange for your child’s class visit. Your child’s visit will give him or her an opportunity to be introduced to the class before the first day of school.
- Students applying for the Elementary Program may spend a half or full day in their prospective class before final registration.